Surface pressure, temperature and humidity data (PTU) were collected by a Vaisala WXT510 instrument located at the Natural Environment Research Council's (NERC) Mesosphere-Stratosphere-Troposphere (MST) Radar Facility, Capel Dewi, near Aberystwyth in West Wales.
Rainfall rate data from this instrument are also available as a separate dataset within the MST Radar Facility dataset collection.
The WXT-510 instrument at the site began operational recording in December 2007 and ceased in January 2015, subsequently being replaced by a Vaisala WXT-520 instrument. The WXT520 data are also available from CEDA as part of the MST Radar Facility's dataset collection.
Independent surface meteorological data are also collected from a suite of instruments by a Campbell Scientific CR10 Climate Data Logger. These data are available as a separate dataset within the MST Radar Facility dataset collection.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
Access to these data is available to any registered CEDA user. Please Login or Register for an account to gain access.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data are acquired by the MST radar facility and sent to the BADC within an hour of acquisition. Data are then immediately ingested into the BADC archives.
The MST radar data quality is described by D. A. Hooper, J. Nash, T. Oakley, and M. Turp. Validation of a new signal processing scheme for the MST radar at Aberystwyth. Ann. Geophys., 26(11):3253-3268, 2008. (available from here http://www.ann-geophys.net/26/3253/2008/angeo-26-3253-2008.html)
Data are in Climate and Forecast conventions (CF) compliant netCDF files.
|NERC MST site: WXT510 Vaisala weather transmitter||Deployed on: Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) Mesosphere-Stratosphere-Troposphere (MST) Radar Facility, Capel Dewi, UK|
- standard_name: air_pressure
- var_id: pressure
- long_name: air pressure
- units: hPa
- names: air_pressure, air pressure
- long_name: air temperature
- units: degree_Celsius
- standard_name: air_temperature
- var_id: temperature
- names: air_temperature, air temperature
- units: m
- standard_name: altitude
- var_id: altitude
- long_name: instrument altitude above mean sea level
- names: altitude, instrument altitude above mean sea level
- units: m
- long_name: instrument height above the ground
- var_id: height
- standard_name: height
- names: height, instrument height above the ground
- standard_name: relative_humidity
- var_id: relative_humidity
- units: %
- long_name: relative humidity
- names: relative_humidity, relative humidity
- standard_name: latitude
- var_id: latitude
- long_name: instrument latitude
- units: degrees_north
- names: latitude, instrument latitude
- long_name: instrument longitude
- units: degrees_east
- standard_name: longitude
- var_id: longitude
- names: longitude, instrument longitude
- standard_name: time
- var_id: time
- names: time