The objectives of the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts ERA-40 project are to produce and promote use of a comprehensive set of global analyses describing the state of the atmosphere, land and ocean-wave conditions from mid-1957 to August 2002. The ERA-40 project applies a modern Variational Data Assimilation technique (used in daily operational numerical forecasting at ECMWF) to the past conventional and satellite observations.
Parent projects (1)
|European Centre for Medium-range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF)||See Related Datasets More Info|
|There are no sub-projects.|
|Keywords:||ECMWF, ERA, ERA-40, reanalysis, surface, model|
|Previously used record identifiers:||
More Information (under review)
A number of partner organisations are also involved to assess the quality of the global analyses, they are:
- the Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research, UK.
- the Koninklijk Nederlands Meteorologisch Instituut.
- Meteo France, Centre National de Recherches Meteorologiques.
- Max Plank Institut fur Meteorologie, Germany.
- University of Reading, Department of Meteorology, UK
- the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), USA.
|The Re-Analysis Archive - ECMWF Re-Analysis (ERA) Project|
|ECMWF ERA-40 page|