The UK Climate Projections 2009 (UKCP09) probabilistic marine projections data are projections of a future climate with an associated probability. Monthly and annual data are provided for mean sea level pressure, temperature, precipitation and total cloud cover in 30 year averages (2010-2039, 2020-2049, 2030-2059, 2040-2069, 2050-2079, 2060-2089, 2070-2099).
These projections provide an absolute value for the future climate (as opposed to giving values that are relative to a baseline period). A probabilistic climate projection is a measure of the strength of evidence in different future climate change outcomes. This measure is dependent on the method used, is based on the currently available evidence and encapsulates some, but not all, of the uncertainty associated with projecting future climate.
The marine and coastal projections report contains further details (see linked documentation).
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Public data: access to these data is available to both registered and non-registered users.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Original data were produced by the Met Office as part of the UKCP09 service before preparation for archival with the Centre for Environmental Data Analysis (CEDA).
The UKCP09 data were quality controlled by the UKCP09 partners prior to being made available through the UKCP09 data portal in 2009. See the UKCP09 climate projections review and response along with further details are in given in the relevant projections reports (and external websites) which are available under "Docs".
The data are NetCDF formatted and adhere to v1.0 of the CF data conventions.
|Title||UKCP09 data computation|
|Abstract||These UKCP09 data were generated using outputs from a Met-Office Hadley Centre (MOHC) regional climate model. See the climate projections report for full details of the methodology.|
- units: -
- long_name: Emissions Scenario
- var_id: em_scen
- names: Emissions Scenario
- var_id: mslp_dmean_tmean_abs
- long_name: Mean Sea Level Pressure
- units: hPa
- names: Mean Sea Level Pressure, mslp_dmean_tmean_abs
- units: degC
- long_name: Mean air temperature at 1.5m
- var_id: temp_dmean_tmean_abs
- names: Mean air temperature at 1.5m, temp_dmean_tmean_abs
- var_id: meaning_period
- units: -
- long_name: Meaning Period
- names: meaning_period, Meaning Period
- long_name: Precipitation rate
- var_id: precip_dmean_tmean_perc
- units: %
- names: Precipitation rate, precip_dmean_tmean_perc
- long_name: Total Cloud Cover
- units: %
- var_id: totalcloud_dmean_tmean_perc
- names: Total Cloud Cover, totalcloud_dmean_tmean_perc
- long_name: cumulative distribution function
- standard_name: cumulative_distribution_function
- var_id: percentile
- names: cumulative_distribution_function, cumulative distribution function
- var_id: georegion
- standard_name: region
- long_name: named geographical region
- var_id: region_name
- names: region, named geographical region, region_name
- long_name: sample number
- var_id: sample
- names: sample number
- var_id: strlen
- long_name: Time
- standard_name: time
- var_id: time
- names: time, Time