Surface Radiation Budget (SRB): Daily and Monthly average measurements of radiative fluxes from March 1985 to December 1988
The NASA Surface Radiation Budget (SRB) project computes Top-of atmosphere and Surface radiative fluxes at a 1ox 1o spatial scale for both shortwave (0.28– 4 mm) and longwave (4 mm) wavelengths.
This dataset contains Version 1.1 Surface Radiation Budget (SRB) shortwave products for the period from March 1985 until December 1988 as produced by the World Climate Research Programme's (WCRP) SRB Satellite Data Analysis Center (SDAC). The data are derived from results from the International Satellite Cloud Climatology Project (ISCCP) and the Earth Radiation Budget Experiment (ERBE).
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
Public data: access to these data is available to both registered and non-registered users.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
CD-ROM obtained from NASA Langley and made available, as is, for browsing purposes from the BADC archive.
Data are HDF formatted
Surface Radiation Budget
SRB results are generated using two different algorithms. The two methods use different approaches. Both methods apply spectral and angular corrections (based on Nimbus-7 Earth Radiation Budget (ERB) and Earth Radiation Budget Experiment (ERBE) results) which are not included in the original ISCCP data. They also separate surface from aerosol effects which is not included in ISCCP. Each method uses its own cloud algorithm which has been compared with experimental data from a number of regions. The Satellite Data Analysis Center (SDAC) also compares basic SRB results with the limited amount of ground truth data that are available. The user may have increased confidence in the SRB results for those cells wherein the two methods obtain values that differ only slightly. Caution is suggested for those cells where the two methods differ by a large amount.
- long_name: Albedo
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G199
- gcmd_keyword: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Radiation > Albedo
- names: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Radiation > Albedo, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G199
- long_name: Cloud Amount
- names: Cloud Amount
- long_name: Cloud Forcing
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0142
- gcmd_keyword: Cloud Forcing
- names: Cloud Forcing, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0142
- long_name: Frequency
- names: Frequency
- long_name: Net Radiation
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0546
- gcmd_keyword: Net Radiation
- names: Net Radiation, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0546
- long_name: Radiative Forcing
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0678
- gcmd_keyword: Radiative Forcing
- names: Radiative Forcing, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0678
- long_name: Shortwave Radiation
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0755
- gcmd_keyword: Shortwave Radiation
- names: Shortwave Radiation, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0755
- long_name: Solar Irradiance
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0809
- gcmd_keyword: Solar Irradiance
- names: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0809, Solar Irradiance
- long_name: Surface Cloud Forcing
- names: Surface Cloud Forcing
- long_name: Surface Solar Radiation
- names: Surface Solar Radiation
- long_name: Surface Thermal Radiation
- names: Surface Thermal Radiation
- long_name: Total Cloud Cover
- names: Total Cloud Cover