The Netatmo V1 dataset contains observations from all Public Weather Stations (PWS) contributing to the Netatmo database within Europe. Netatmo is a company that designs and manufactures a range of smart weather station instruments for the home. The dataset is for a single year (2020), made available for use within the EUMETNET Sandbox project. EUMETNET (a grouping of 31 European National Meteorological Services) instigated the EUMETNET Sandbox project to bring novel observations and observations from technology trials and field campaigns to the research community to enable R&D activities.
The data are not quality controlled and are presented in the format provided by Netatmo. The data are provided in a single file per month per country*.
The data were extracted from the Netatmo database country by country.
The meteorological values are unchanged from those extracted from the Netatmo archive. For example, there is no Quality Control of the data, no calibration of the instruments and no unit conversions have been applied.
The data were extracted from the Netatmo database by Netatmo operators of the Netatmo system. The data have not been manipulated to meet any international data format standards.
For each station there is always a metadata file 'n'.metadata.json. There are up to 4 data files associated with each station represented by a metadata file. In some cases, all 4 data files are present for the station. In other cases, only one data file is present. The 'n' in the file name allows the metadata file to be associated with the meteorological data files
1. n.pressure.historic.csv - surface pressure for station n
2. n.outdoor.historic.csv - Contains air temperature and humidity for station n
3. n.wind.historic.csv - Contains wind and gust data for station n
4. n.rain.historic.csv - rainfall data for station n
The data files are semi-colon separated and use UNIX epoch time
*Countries present in the Netatmo dataset
Austria, Spain, Iceland, Norway, Belgium, Finland, Italy, Poland, Switzerland, France, Luxembourg, Portugal, Cyprus, United Kingdom, Latvia, Serbia, Czech Republic, Greece, Montenegro, Sweden, Germany, Croatia, North Macedonia, Slovenia, Denmark, Hungary, Malta, Slovakia, Estonia, Ireland and the Netherlands
2023-06-28 The data for Ireland were updated in June 2023 as the original files were found to only contain a small sub-set of the availabl… Show More 2023-06-28 The data for Ireland were updated in June 2023 as the original files were found to only contain a small sub-set of the available Netatmo stations in Ireland. All other Netatmo data held in this dataset were checked and verified as being complete. The older files were removed and replaced with new files with different filenames, replacing the use of 'IR' with 'IE' in the filenames. Show Less
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Restricted data: please submit an application using the REQUEST ACCESS link for access.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: https://artefacts.ceda.ac.uk/licences/specific_licences/netatmo_licence.pdf. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
The data were extracted from the Netatmo database country by country and supplied to the project partners. These were then prepared and supplied for archiving at the Centre for Environmental Data Analysis (CEDA) alongside MD5 values for each file, used to ensure data transfer and ingestion were without corruption.
Data are provided in ASCII files within compressed TAR ball. See documentation for file format information.
|Public Weather Station (PWS)||Deployed on: Netatmo Public Weather Stations (PWS) Network|
- long_name: Air Temperature
- units: degrees C
- names: Air Temperature, Air temperature in degrees C, to one decimal place
- long_name: Air pressure
- units: hPa
- names: Air pressure, Pressure in hPa (Hectopascal) to one decimal place
- units: degrees from north
- long_name: gust direction
- names: gust direction, indicates the wind gust direction in degrees from north, integer
- units: km h**-1
- long_name: gust speed
- names: gust speed, indicate wind gust speed in km/h, integer
- units: percent
- long_name: humidity
- names: humidity, Percentage, integer
- long_name: rain accumulation
- units: mm
- names: rain accumulation, rainfall total in mm. 5 minute accumulations
- units: degrees from north
- long_name: wind direction
- names: wind direction, indicates the wind direction in degrees from north, integer
- long_name: wind speed
- units: km h**-1
- names: wind speed, indicate wind speed in km/h, integer