This collection of datasets contains Sea Surface Temperature climatologies (GISST, Version 2.3b - This dataset is an updated version of GISST2.2 available on the GOSTAplus CD-Rom) and anomalies (MOHSST6), Night Marine Air temperature climatologies and anomalies (MOHMATN4), Sea Ice coverage (GICE) and Blended MOHSST6-Land data (in collaboration with the Climate Research Unit (CRU).
The data available is grouped into five sections:
- Global Ocean Surface Temperature (GISST), a set of SST data in monthly 1° area grids, for 1871 to February 2003. This product is now replaced by the HadISST SST operational data.
- Global sea-Ice content, (GICE), monthly 1° grids of ice coverage for 1871 to February 2003. This product is now replaced by the HadISST ICE operational data.
- Met Office Historical Night Marine Air Temperature Anomalies, (MOHMATN4), monthly 5° grids of marine air temperature anomalies for 1856 to August 2006.
- Met Office Historical Sea Surface Temperature Anomalies, (MOHSST6), monthly 5° grids of sea surface temperature anomalies for 1856 to August 2006. Please note that this data has now been superceded by HadSST2 data.
- Met Office Blended MOHSST6-Land Surface data from the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia.
This data was provided by the Met Office.
Dataset supports the following projects:
|Met Office Hadley Centre - Observations and Climate|
|Previous Info:||No news update for this record|
|Previously used record identifiers:||
|BADC Doc: GISST/MOHMATN4/MOHSST6 References|