Active Magnetospheric Particle Tracer Explorer (AMPTE) was a three spacecraft mission, a collaboration between Germany, the UK and the USA.
This dataset collection contains summary plots of data collected by two of the three spacecraft: the Ion Release Module (IRM), supplied by Germany, and the Charge Composition Explorer (CCE), supplied by the USA.
On board the IRM:
- Plasma instrument: measures ion and electron distributions
- Plasma wave spectrometer: measures electric fields
- Ion time-of-flight spectrometer: measures charge and mass of all major ions
On board the CCE:
- CHEM (CHarge Energy Mass): measures mass and charge-state compositions as well as energy spectra and pitch-angle distributions
- HPCE (Hot-Plasma Composition Experiment): includes an ion-mass spectrometer and electron background-environment monitor
Summary plots are lower resolution than capable by the instruments and generally noisy. These are useful for an overview of datum, in order to find interesting events.
For access of these data please contact UKSSDC.
|Active Magnetospheric Particle Tracer Explorers (AMPTE): Tape data||More Info|
|Active Magnetospheric Particle Tracer Explorers (AMPTE): Slide data||More Info|
|Active Magnetospheric Particle Tracer Explorers (AMPTE): Paper plots data||More Info|
Dataset supports the following projects:
|AMPTE (Active Magnetospheric Particle Tracer Explorers)|