The World Climate Research Program (WCRP) Coupled Model Intercomparison Project, Phase 6 (CMIP6) data from the Met Office Hadley Centre (MOHC) HadGEM3-GC31-MH model output for the "coupled spinup with fixed 1950s forcings from 1950 initial conditions (with ocean at rest) to provide initial condition for control-1950 and hist-1950" (spinup-1950) experiment. These are available at the following frequencies: 3hr, 6hrPlevPt, AERmon, Amon, CFday, CFmon, E1hr, E3hr, E3hrPt, Eday, EdayZ, Emon, EmonZ, Lmon and day. The runs included the ensemble member: r1i1p1f1.
CMIP6 was a global climate model intercomparison project, coordinated by PCMDI (Program For Climate Model Diagnosis and Intercomparison) on behalf of the WCRP and provided input for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) 6th Assessment Report (AR6).
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Public data: access to these data is available to both registered and non-registered users.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://artefacts.ceda.ac.uk/licences/specific_licences/CMIP6_Terms_of_Use.pdf. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data were produced and verified by Met Office Hadley Centre (MOHC) scientists before publication via the Earth Systems Grid Federation (ESGF) and a copy obtained by the Centre for Environmental Data Analysis (CEDA).
The CMIP6 data are checked by CEDA to ensure that they conform to the CMOR metadata standards (https://cmor.llnl.gov). Where any CMIP6 data are identified as having a quality issue this is recorded in the CMIP6 errata service: https://errata.es-doc.org/static/index.html
Data are netCDF formatted.
|Title||Met Office Hadley Centre (MOHC) running: experiment spinup-1950 using the HadGEM3-GC31-MH model.|
|Abstract||Met Office Hadley Centre (MOHC) running the "coupled spinup with fixed 1950s forcings from 1950 initial conditions (with ocean at rest) to provide initial condition for control-1950 and hist-1950" (spinup-1950) experiment using the HadGEM3-GC31-MH model. See linked documentation for available information for each component.|
- units: m
- standard_name: geopotential_height
- var_id: zg
- long_name: Geopotential Height
- names: geopotential_height, Geopotential Height
- var_id: lat_bnds
- units: Pa
- standard_name: air_pressure
- long_name: pressure
- var_id: plev
- names: air_pressure, pressure
- var_id: time_bnds
- units: m s-2
- standard_name: tendency_of_eastward_wind_due_to_nonorographic_gravity_wave_drag
- var_id: utendnogw
- long_name: u-tendency nonorographic gravity wave drag
- names: tendency_of_eastward_wind_due_to_nonorographic_gravity_wave_drag, u-tendency nonorographic gravity wave drag
- units: m s-2
- standard_name: tendency_of_eastward_wind_due_to_orographic_gravity_wave_drag
- var_id: utendogw
- long_name: u-tendency orographic gravity wave drag
- names: tendency_of_eastward_wind_due_to_orographic_gravity_wave_drag, u-tendency orographic gravity wave drag
- units: degrees_north
- standard_name: latitude
- long_name: latitude
- var_id: lat
- names: latitude
- long_name: time
- standard_name: time
- var_id: time
- names: time