This dataset consists of combined data from the Earth Radiation Budget Experiment (ERBE) instruments on the Earth Radiaition Budget Satellite (ERBS) and the 10th NOAA Sun-synchronous operational satellites (NOAA-9). ERBS was launched in October 1984 by the Space Shuttle Challenger (STS-41G) into an orbit at 603-km altitude, 57-deg. inclination. NOAA-10 operated at an altitude of 833-km, with an equatorial crossing local time of 0730, having been launched in November 1986.
The ERBE instrument's main aim was to provide accurate measurements of incoming solar energy and shortwave and longwave radiation reflected or emitted from the Earth back into space.
This dataset contains colour images (shortwave/longwave/net radiation, albedo, clear-sky albedo, clear-sky shortwave/longwave/net radiation, and shortwave/longwave/net cloud forcing) from scanning radiometers on the NOAA-10 ERBE satellites and for combined satellite cases.
Monthly average values are included for the time periods during which the scanners were operational.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Public data: access to these data is available to both registered and non-registered users.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data collected by NASA using the Earth Radiation Budget Satellite (ERBS) and the NOAA-10 satellite, processed and prepared by NASA. A copy of the data were then obtained by the BADC to be made available through the BADC archive.
Data are GIF formatted
Computation Element: 1
|Title||SRB satellite Staylor algorithm using ISCCP-C1 and ERBE data deployed on unknown computer|
|Abstract||This computation involved: SRB satellite Staylor algorithm using ISCCP-C1 and ERBE data.|
Computation Element: 2
|Title||SRB satellite Pinker algorithm using ISCCP-C1 and ERBE data deployed on NASA Langley Atmospheric Science Data Center (ASDC)|
|Abstract||This computation involved: SRB satellite Pinker algorithm using ISCCP-C1 and ERBE data deployed on NASA Langley Atmospheric Science Data Center (ASDC).|
- long_name: Albedo
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G199
- gcmd_keyword: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Radiation > Albedo
- names: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Radiation > Albedo, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G199
- long_name: Incidence
- names: Incidence
- long_name: Net Radiation
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0546
- gcmd_keyword: Net Radiation
- names: Net Radiation, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0546
- long_name: Radiative Flux
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0677
- gcmd_keyword: Radiative Flux
- names: Radiative Flux, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0677
- long_name: Shortwave Radiation
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0755
- gcmd_keyword: Shortwave Radiation
- names: Shortwave Radiation, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0755
- long_name: Solar Irradiance
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0809
- gcmd_keyword: Solar Irradiance
- names: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0809, Solar Irradiance