Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS) Microwave Limb Sounder (MLS) Level 3 data (1991-1997) - Version 4
The Microwave Limb Sounder (MLS) is an instrument on board the Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS) which measured global ClO, O3, H2O, temperature and SO2. Data are version 4 and public (gridded in time or latitude along the satellite track) between 80S - 80N, approximately 10-60 km in the vertical, from October 1991 to June 1997.
This directory tree now contains Version 4 MLS data files, in subdirectories for constituent and year, for FTP to remote machines. The data is held in IEEE binary files as supplied by the Goddard DAAC. Remember to switch to BINARY mode when transferring these files by FTP. New software to read the data files is also available.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
Access to these data is available to any registered CEDA user. Please Login or Register for an account to gain access.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data files acquired as is directly from NASA (mirror transfer).
Data quality controlled by NASA. Please see dataset associated documentation.
The data are provided in IEEE binary files.
|Microwave Limb Sounder (MLS) on UARS||Deployed on: Upper Air Research Satellite (UARS)|
Mobile platform operations
|Mobile Platform Operation 1||Mobile Platform Operation for: Upper Air Research Satellite (UARS)|
Computation Element: 1
|Title||DETAILS NEEDED - COMPUTATION CREATED FOR SATELLITE COMPOSITE. deployed on Upper Air Research Satellite (UARS)|
|Abstract||This computation involved: DETAILS NEEDED - COMPUTATION CREATED FOR SATELLITE COMPOSITE. deployed on Upper Air Research Satellite (UARS).|
- long_name: Air Temperature
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0027
- gcmd_keyword: Air Temperature
- names: Air Temperature, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0027
- long_name: Carbon And Hydrocarbon Compounds
- names: Carbon And Hydrocarbon Compounds
- long_name: Chlorine Monoxide
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0128
- gcmd_keyword: Chlorine Monoxide
- names: Chlorine Monoxide, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0128
- long_name: Halons And Halogens
- names: Halons And Halogens
- long_name: Methane
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G138
- gcmd_keyword: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Chemistry/Carbon and Hydrocarbon Compounds > Methane
- names: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Chemistry/Carbon and Hydrocarbon Compounds > Methane, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G138
- long_name: Oxygen Compounds
- names: Oxygen Compounds
- long_name: Ozone
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G164
- gcmd_keyword: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Chemistry/Oxygen Compounds > Ozone
- names: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Chemistry/Oxygen Compounds > Ozone, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G164
- long_name: Sulfur Compounds
- names: Sulfur Compounds
- long_name: Sulfur Dioxide
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0843
- gcmd_keyword: Sulfur Dioxide
- names: Sulfur Dioxide, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0843
- long_name: Water Vapor
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0943
- gcmd_keyword: Water Vapor
- names: Water Vapor, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0943