Eyjafjallajokull Volcanic Ash Cloud: raw backscatter profiles from the MST Radar Facility's Vaisala LD40 laser ceilometer, Capel Dewi, Wales
Plots of raw backscatter profiles from the MST Radar Facility's Vaisala LD40 laser ceilometer, Capel Dewi, Wales obtained during the Icelandic Volcano, Eyjafjallajokull, erupting from on 14th April 2010.
The volcanic ash cloud produced covered much of Northern Europe for several weeks causing extensive disruption to air travel. The UK and European atmospheric communities had many instruments - both airborne and ground-based, remote sensing and in-situ - taking measurements of the ash cloud throughout this period.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Access to these data is available to any registered CEDA user. Please Login or Register for an account to gain access.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data collected from the MST Radar Facility's. A copy of these data were made available to the British Atmospheric Data Centre (BADC) to assist the academic community during this volcanic ash event.
This is quick look unvetted data.
Images are PNG formatted
|NERC MST Radar Facility Vaisala LD40 Laser Ceilometer||Deployed on: Aberystwyth, UK|
- long_name: Air Temperature
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0027
- gcmd_keyword: Air Temperature
- names: Air Temperature, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0027
- long_name: Atmospheric Pressure Measurements
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0067
- gcmd_keyword: Atmospheric Pressure Measurements
- names: Atmospheric Pressure Measurements, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0067
- long_name: Humidity
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G239
- gcmd_keyword: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Water Vapor > Humidity
- names: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G239, EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Water Vapor > Humidity