These ancillary datasets were used in the production of the ACTIVE, PASSIVE and COMBINED soil moisture data products, created as part of the European Space Agency's (ESA) Soil Moisture Climate Change Initiative (CCI) project. The set of ancillary datasets include datasets of Average Vegetation Optical Depth data from AMSR-E, Soil Porosity, Topographic Complexity and Wetland fraction, as well as a Land Mask. This version of the ancillary datasets were used in the production of the v04.7 Soil Moisture CCI data.
The ACTIVE, PASSIVE and COMBINED soil moisture products which they were used in the development of are fusions of scatterometer and radiometer soil moisture products, derived from the AMI-WS, ASCAT, SMMR, SSM/I, TMI, AMSR-E, WindSat, AMSR2 and SMOS satellite instruments. To access these products or for further details on them please see their dataset records. Additional reference documents and information relating to them can also be found on the CCI Soil Moisture project website.
Soil moisture CCI data should be cited using all three of the following references:
1. Gruber, A., Scanlon, T., van der Schalie, R., Wagner, W., and Dorigo, W. (2019). Evolution of the ESA CCI Soil Moisture climate data records and their underlying merging methodology, Earth Syst. Sci. Data, 11, 717–739, https://doi.org/10.5194/essd-11-717-2019
2. Dorigo, W.A., Wagner, W., Albergel, C., Albrecht, F., Balsamo, G., Brocca, L., Chung, D., Ertl, M., Forkel, M., Gruber, A., Haas, E., Hamer, D. P. Hirschi, M., Ikonen, J., De Jeu, R. Kidd, R. Lahoz, W., Liu, Y.Y., Miralles, D., Lecomte, P. (2017). ESA CCI Soil Moisture for improved Earth system understanding: State-of-the art and future directions. In Remote Sensing of Environment, 2017, ISSN 0034-4257, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rse.2017.07.001
3. Gruber, A., Dorigo, W. A., Crow, W., Wagner W. (2017). Triple Collocation-Based Merging of Satellite Soil Moisture Retrievals. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing. PP. 1-13. 10.1109/TGRS.2017.2734070
2020-04-20 This dataset forms part of the v04.7 Soil Moisture dataset (doi:10.5285/0683e320d8634a37aa1d9ef62dd41a0d) https://dx.doi.org/1… Show More 2020-04-20 This dataset forms part of the v04.7 Soil Moisture dataset (doi:10.5285/0683e320d8634a37aa1d9ef62dd41a0d) https://dx.doi.org/10.5285/0683e320d8634a37aa1d9ef62dd41a0d Show Less
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Public data: access to these data is available to both registered and non-registered users.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://artefacts.ceda.ac.uk/licences/specific_licences/esacci_soilmoisture_terms_and_conditions.pdf. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data were processed by the ESA CCI Soil Moisture project team and transferred to CEDA for the ESA CCI Open Data Portal Project. This dataset forms part of the v04.7 Soil Moisture dataset (doi:10.5285/0683e320d8634a37aa1d9ef62dd41a0d) https://dx.doi.org/10.5285/0683e320d8634a37aa1d9ef62dd41a0d .
as provided by the CCI Soil Moisture team
Data are netCDF formatted.
- long_name: Porosity
- var_id: porosity
- units: percent
- names: Porosity
- units: %
- long_name: Topographic Complexity
- var_id: topographic_complexity
- names: Topographic Complexity
- long_name: Vegetation Optical Depth Mean
- var_id: vod
- names: Vegetation Optical Depth Mean
- standard_name: latitude
- var_id: lat
- units: degrees_north
- names: latitude
- var_id: lon
- units: degrees_east
- standard_name: longitude
- names: longitude