Met Office 915 MHz UHF Radar Data deployed at the NERC MST Radar Facility, Capel Dewi, Wales (1995 -2002)
Update Frequency: Not Planned
Online Status: ONLINE
Publication State: Published
Publication Date: 2007-03-15
Download Stats: last 12 months
Data from the Met Office's 915 MHz LAP3000 UHF (Ultra High Frequency) boundary layer wind profiler deployed at the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) Mesosphere-Stratosphere-Troposphere (MST) Radar Facility, Capel Dewi, near Aberystwyth in West Wales. The instrument was deployed from February 1995 to March 2002. These data are made available under the NERC-Met Office agreement.
Citable as: Met Office (2007): Met Office 915 MHz UHF Radar Data deployed at the NERC MST Radar Facility, Capel Dewi, Wales (1995 -2002). NCAS British Atmospheric Data Centre, date of citation. https://catalogue.ceda.ac.uk/uuid/5aa035592990b6915c2184d0c155cb60
Abbreviation: Not defined
Keywords: Met Office, MST, wind profiler, boundary layer, UHF
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
Restricted data: please submit an application using the REQUEST ACCESS link for access.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://licences.ceda.ac.uk/image/data_access_condition/ukmo_agreement.pdf. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data were acquired by the Met Office made available for archiving at the BADC.
The MST radar data quality is described by D. A. Hooper, J. Nash, T. Oakley, and M. Turp. Validation of a new signal processing scheme for the MST radar at Aberystwyth. Ann. Geophys., 26(11):3253-3268, 2008. (available from here http://www.ann-geophys.net/26/3253/2008/angeo-26-3253-2008.html)
Data are held in ASCII formatted files.
|MST radar facility instrument performance log|
This dataset was generated by instruments deployed on platforms as listed below.
|Isle of Man: Met Office Wind profiler 915MHz (Previously Capel Dewi and South Uist)||Deployed on: Capel Dewi Atmospheric Observatory (CDAO)|
- long_name: Spectral Width
- names: Spectral Width
- long_name: Surface Winds
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0853
- gcmd_keyword: Surface Winds
- names: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0853, Surface Winds
- long_name: U Zonal Windspeed
- names: U Zonal Windspeed
- long_name: Upper Level Winds
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0909
- gcmd_keyword: Upper Level Winds
- names: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0909, Upper Level Winds
- long_name: V Meridional Windspeed
- names: V Meridional Windspeed
- long_name: Vertical Wind Motion
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0920
- gcmd_keyword: Vertical Wind Motion
- names: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0920, Vertical Wind Motion
- long_name: Vertical Windspeed
- names: Vertical Windspeed
- long_name: Wind Direction
- names: Wind Direction
- long_name: Windspeed
- names: Windspeed