The aim of HITRAN (high-resolution transmission molecular absorption database) was to characterise the amount and wavelength-dependence of absorption by water vapour and other atmospheric species. It was part of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) funded Clouds, Water Vapour and Climate (CWVC) program. The dataset contains spectral line parameters derived from laboratory measurements on pure water vapour, and mixtures of water vapour and air. The measurements were made at STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Molecular Spectroscopy Facility, and the line fitting was carried out by the Department of Meteorology at the University of Reading. The spectral line parameters are displayed in HITRAN format. Water vapour lines were fitted to the laboratory data in the spectral range 5037 to 5585 cm-1. These data are public.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
Public data: access to these data is available to both registered and non-registered users.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data files supplied as is by the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) Molecular Spectroscopy Facility (MSF) in 2004, and stored in the BADC archive.
For quality details please see documentation.
|MSF: Fourier Transform spectrometers||Deployed on: CCLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Molecular Spectroscopy Facility (MSF)|
- long_name: Absorption
- gcmd_name: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Radiation > Absorption
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G197
- names: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G197, EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Radiation > Absorption
- long_name: Atmospheric Radiation
- gcmd_name: Atmospheric Radiation
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P131/4/GTER0024
- names: Atmospheric Radiation, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P131/4/GTER0024