Met Office Lerwick station high resolution radiosonde data
Update Frequency: As Needed
Online Status: ONLINE
Publication State: Published
Publication Date: 2007-03-19
Download Stats: last 12 months
Dataset Size: 25.46K Files | 3GB
Met Office high resolution (2 second) radiosonde data from the Lerwick station, Shetland Islands, from 1999 to present. The data consist of vertical profiles of pressure, temperature, relative humidity, humidity mixing ratio, sonde position, wind speed and wind direction. Measurements are taken at 2 second intervals and the ascents extend to heights of approximately 20-30 km.
Citable as: Met Office (2007): Met Office Lerwick station high resolution radiosonde data. NCAS British Atmospheric Data Centre, date of citation. https://catalogue.ceda.ac.uk/uuid/9b44a9ff949c4453860083effc24d051
Abbreviation: Not defined
Keywords: Met Office, radiosonde
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Restricted data: please submit an application using the REQUEST ACCESS link for access.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://licences.ceda.ac.uk/image/data_access_condition/ukmo_agreement.pdf. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data are collected by the stations carrying out the radiosonde ascents and then transmitted back to the Met Office headquarters in Exeter. The ascent files are then delivered to the BADC for ingesting into the archive approximately 1 month in arrears.
Data are from operational radiosondes stations, but are not quality checked. Therefore care should be taken to ensure that ascents are not affected by icing etc.
Data are Vaisala PC-CORA binary formatted. Refer to linked software to read these data.
No documents related to this record were found.
This dataset was generated by instruments deployed on platforms as listed below.
|Radiosonde||Deployed on: Met Office Lerwick Meteorological Observatory, UK|
- long_name: Air Temperature
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0027
- gcmd_keyword: Air Temperature
- names: Air Temperature, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0027
- long_name: Geopotential Height
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0341
- gcmd_keyword: Geopotential Height
- names: Geopotential Height, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0341
- long_name: Height
- names: Height
- long_name: Height From Radar Data
- names: Height From Radar Data
- long_name: Height From Sonde Data
- names: Height From Sonde Data
- long_name: Humidity
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G239
- gcmd_keyword: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Water Vapor > Humidity
- names: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G239, EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Water Vapor > Humidity
- long_name: Humidity Mixing Ratio
- names: Humidity Mixing Ratio
- long_name: Relative Humidity
- names: Relative Humidity
- long_name: Slant Range Of Sonde
- names: Slant Range Of Sonde
- long_name: Upper Level Winds
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0909
- gcmd_keyword: Upper Level Winds
- names: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0909, Upper Level Winds
- long_name: Vertical Profile Of Air Temperature
- names: Vertical Profile Of Air Temperature
- long_name: Wind Direction
- names: Wind Direction
- long_name: Windspeed
- names: Windspeed