IPCC AR5 Seasonal Mean Temperature and Precipitation in IPCC Regions for CMIP3 and CMIP5
Projected regional average change in seasonal and annual mean temperature and precipitation for the IPCC SREX regions for CMIP5 and CMIP3. The data were produced in 2014 by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Working Group II (WGII) Chapter 21 author team for the IPCC Fifth Assessment Report (AR5).
Regional average seasonal and annual mean temperature and precipitation for the period 2071-2100 are compared to a baseline of 1961-1990 for CMIP5 and CMIP3 General Circulation Model (GCM) projections.
The data compare the range of projections from 35 Coupled Model Intercomparison Project Phase 5 (CMIP5) ensemble under four Representative Concentration Pathway (RCP) scenarios compared with GCM projections from 22 CMIP3 ensemble under three Special Report on Emission Scenarios (SRES) scenarios.
Regional averages are based on SREX regions defined by the IPCC Special Report on Managing the Risks of Extreme Events and Disasters to Advance Climate Change Adaptation (IPCC, 2012: also known as "SREX").
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Public data: access to these data is available to both registered and non-registered users.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Temperature and Precipitation in IPCC Regions for CMIP3 and CMIP5 prepared from CMIP5 projections for the IPCC 5th Assessment Report WGII; reformatted for the IPCC DDC by CEDA;
Original data generated for the IPCC AR5 WGII team by Carol McSweeney (UK Met Office).
scatter_headings.csv headings correspond to the data in IPCC-AR5-WGII-Chap21SM_scatter.csv
var_IPCC-AR5-WGII-Chap21SM_scatter.csv has the same data in a different organisation .. more columns, fewer rows.
See dataset associated documentation.
.xls, .csv, .txt
- long_name: CMIP3 or CMIP5
- names: CMIP3 or CMIP5
- long_name: Central year of averaging period
- names: Central year of averaging period
- long_name: Climate Model Short Name
- names: Climate Model Short Name
- long_name: Emissions Scenario
- names: Emissions Scenario
- long_name: Geographical Region from SREX
- names: Geographical Region from SREX
- long_name: Masking used for Regional Mean
- names: Masking used for Regional Mean
- standard_name: air_temperature
- long_name: Near-surface Temperature [degrees Celsius]
- names: air_temperature, Near-surface Temperature [degrees Celsius]
- standard_name: precipitation_flux
- long_name: Precipitation [mm/day]
- names: precipitation_flux, Precipitation [mm/day]
- long_name: Record number
- names: Record number
- long_name: Region Label
- names: Region Label
- long_name: Season (DJF, MAM, JJA, SON or ANN)
- names: Season (DJF, MAM, JJA, SON or ANN)