Landsat 8 Operational Land Imager (OLI) and Thermal Infrared Sensor (TIR): Land remote sensing level 1 data
Landsat 8 was a joint project between the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the United States Geological Survey (USGS). Data was originally obtained from the USGS via the Catapult Satellite Applications Facility and is now held by Centre for Environmental Data Analysis (CEDA). The data are in GeoTIFF format.
This Landsat 8 dataset corresponds to the standard Level 1 terrain corrected data compatible with data acquired using Landsat 1 to Landsat 7. The Landsat 8 payload comprises two sensors: the Operational Land Imager (OLI) and the Thermal Infrared Sensor (TIRS). The OLI provides measurements in the visible, near infrared and shortwave infrared at 30 m spatial resolution (bands 1-7 and 9), as well as in a panchromatic band (band 8) at 15 m spatial resolution. The OLI provides a new infrared channel (band 9) for cirrus detection and a new deep blue band (band 1) for coastal monitoring. The TIRS instrument provides thermal infrared measurements in two bands (bands 10 and 11) at 100 m spatial resolution resampled to 30 m to match the OLI multispectral bands.
The images are in North up (MAP) orientation. The data is supplied using the Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) map projection. Polar Stereographic projection is used for polar scenes. The dataset uses the World Geodetic System (WGS) 84 datum. Pixel values are 16 bit.
Data is catalogued according to path and row number according to the Worldwide Reference System 2 (WRS-2).
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Public data: access to these data is available to both registered and non-registered users.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data collected from the United States Geological Survey and prepared by the Catapult Satellite Applications Facility before being acquired by Centre for Environmental Data Analysis (CEDA).
Images are GeoTIFF formatted.
|Landsat 8 Operational Land Imager (OLI) and Thermal InfraRed Sensor (TIRS)||Deployed on: Landsat 8|
Mobile platform operations
|Mobile Platform Operation 1||Mobile Platform Operation for: Landsat 8|
Computation Element: 1
|Title||Deployed on Landsat 8.|
|Abstract||Deployed on Landsat 8.|
- long_name: Brightness Temperature
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0104
- gcmd_keyword: Brightness Temperature
- names: Brightness Temperature, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0104
- long_name: Radiance
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G951
- gcmd_keyword: EARTH SCIENCE > Oceans > Ocean Optics > Radiance
- names: EARTH SCIENCE > Oceans > Ocean Optics > Radiance, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G951
- long_name: Reflectance
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G212
- gcmd_keyword: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Radiation > Reflectance
- names: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Radiation > Reflectance, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G212