WCRP CMIP6: Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL) GFDL-OM4p5B model output for the "omip1" experiment
The World Climate Research Program (WCRP) Coupled Model Intercomparison Project, Phase 6 (CMIP6) data from the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL) GFDL-OM4p5B model output for the "OMIP experiment forced by Large and Yeager (CORE-2, NCEP) atmospheric data set and initialized with observed physical and biogeochemical ocean data" (omip1) experiment. These are available at the following frequency: Omon. The runs included the ensemble member: r1i1p1f1.
CMIP6 was a global climate model intercomparison project, coordinated by PCMDI (Program For Climate Model Diagnosis and Intercomparison) on behalf of the WCRP and provided input for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) 6th Assessment Report (AR6).
The official CMIP6 Citation, and its associated DOI, is provided as an online resource linked to this record.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Public data: access to these data is available to both registered and non-registered users.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://artefacts.ceda.ac.uk/licences/specific_licences/CMIP6_Terms_of_Use.pdf. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data were produced and verified by Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL) scientists before publication via the Earth Systems Grid Federation (ESGF) and a copy obtained by the Centre for Environmental Data Analysis (CEDA).
The CMIP6 data are copied to CEDA from international distributors. CEDA perform no quality control on these data. Where any CMIP6 data are identified as having a quality issue this is recorded in the CMIP6 errata service: https://errata.es-doc.org/static/index.html
Data are netCDF formatted.
|Title||Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL) running: experiment omip1 using the GFDL-OM4p5B model.|
|Abstract||Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL) running the "OMIP experiment forced by Large and Yeager (CORE-2, NCEP) atmospheric data set and initialized with observed physical and biogeochemical ocean data" (omip1) experiment using the GFDL-OM4p5B model. See linked documentation for available information for each component.|
- units: m3
- long_name: Ocean Grid-Cell Volume
- standard_name: ocean_volume
- var_id: volcello
- names: ocean_volume, Ocean Grid-Cell Volume
- units: degC
- standard_name: sea_water_potential_temperature
- var_id: thetao
- long_name: Sea Water Potential Temperature
- names: sea_water_potential_temperature, Sea Water Potential Temperature
- standard_name: sea_water_salinity
- var_id: so
- long_name: Sea Water Salinity
- units: 0.001
- names: sea_water_salinity, Sea Water Salinity
- var_id: lat_bnds
- var_id: lev_bnds
- var_id: lon_bnds
- units: m
- var_id: lev
- long_name: ocean model level
- names: ocean model level
- var_id: time_bnds
- long_name: time axis boundaries
- names: time axis boundaries
- long_name: vertex number
- var_id: bnds
- names: vertex number
- units: degrees
- var_id: x
- standard_name: projection_x_coordinate
- long_name: x coordinate of projection
- names: projection_x_coordinate, x coordinate of projection
- units: degrees
- var_id: y
- standard_name: projection_y_coordinate
- long_name: y coordinate of projection
- names: projection_y_coordinate, y coordinate of projection
- units: degrees_north
- standard_name: latitude
- long_name: latitude
- var_id: lat
- names: latitude
- units: degrees_east
- standard_name: longitude
- long_name: longitude
- var_id: lon
- names: longitude
- long_name: time
- standard_name: time
- var_id: time
- names: time