Microbiology-Ocean-Cloud Coupling in the High Arctic (MOCCHA): lidar radial velocity and backscatter data for vertical stare mode from the NCAS AMF Halo Doppler lidar on board Icebreaker Oden
This dataset contains lidar radial velocity and backscatter data for vertical stare mode from the NCAS AMF Halo Doppler lidar mounted on a motion stabilised platform on board the Swedish Icebreaker Oden during the joint Arctic Climate Across Scales (ACAS) and Microbiology-Ocean-Cloud Coupling in the High Arctic (MOCCHA) projects. Both projects are part of the Arctic Ocean 2018 (AO2018) expedition to the High Arctic.
AO2018 took place in the Arctic from 1 August until 21 September 2018. These measurements were used to complement a suite of other observations taken during the expedition. Those of the UK contribution, as well as selected other data, are available within the associated data collection in the Centre for Environmental Data Analysis (CEDA) archives. Other cruise data may be available in the Bolin Centre for Climate Research MOCCHA/AO2018 holdings.
Data were corrected for ship motion.
The raw data and detailed instrument information can be obtained from the AMF archive at CEDA.
The UK participation of MOCCHA was funded by the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC, grant: NE/R009686/1) and involved instrumentation from the Atmospheric Measurement Facility (AMF) of the UK's National Centre for Atmospheric Science (NCAS AMF).
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Access to these data is available to any registered CEDA user. Please Login or Register for an account to gain access.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data were collected, quality controlled and prepared for archiving by the MOCCHA project data authors before upload to the Centre for Environmental Data Analysis (CEDA) for long term archiving.
Data quality were checked by the MOCCHA project data authors before supplying to CEDA.
Data are netCDF formatted
|NCAS AMF: Halo Doppler Lidar unit 1||Deployed on: Swedish Maritime Administration Icebreaker Oden|
- units: m-1 sr-1
- long_name: Attenuated backscatter coefficient
- var_id: backscatter_coefficient
- names: Attenuated backscatter coefficient
- long_name: Backscattered Intensity
- var_id: intensity
- units: 900
- names: Backscattered Intensity
- units: m/s
- var_id: corrected_radial_velocity
- long_name: Corrected radial velocity (positive away from lidar)
- names: Corrected radial velocity (positive away from lidar)
- units: m
- var_id: altitude
- long_name: Height of the Lidar system above mean sea level
- names: Height of the Lidar system above mean sea level
- units: degrees_north
- var_id: latitude
- long_name: Latitude of Lidar System
- names: Latitude of Lidar System
- units: degrees_east
- var_id: longitude
- long_name: Longitude of Lidar System
- names: Longitude of Lidar System
- long_name: Range to the centre of each range gate
- var_id: range
- names: Range to the centre of each range gate
- var_id: time
- units: days
- long_name: time as decimal day of year
- var_id: doy
- names: time as decimal day of year