Data were collected by Chilbolton Facility for Atmospheric and Radio Research (CFARR) Raingauges from 1st of May 1995 to the present at Chilbolton, Hampshire.
The dataset contains measurements of rainfall accumulation as measured by RAL Rapid Response Drop Counting rain gauges.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
Access to these data is available to any registered CEDA user. Please Login or Register for an account to gain access.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data are collected by 4 radar systems, of which the largest is the 3 GHz Doppler radar (CAMRa), and 4 lidar systems, at Chilbolton Observatory, Hampshire.
Data are checked by CFARR staff prior to submission to BADC
Data are netCDF formatted.
|Chilbolton Facility for Atmospheric and Radio Research (CFARR) Drop-counting raingauge||Deployed on: Chilbolton Atmospheric Observatory (CAO)|
- long_name: Range Of The First Cloud Base From The Lidar
- names: Range Of The First Cloud Base From The Lidar
- units: m
- long_name: height of ground level above mean sea level (Ordnance Survey Great Britain)
- standard_name: height
- var_id: height
- names: height, height of ground level above mean sea level (Ordnance Survey Great Britain)
- units: count
- long_name: rainfall drop count (from raingauge on ground)
- var_id: drop_count_b
- names: rainfall drop count (from raingauge on ground)
- standard_name: latitude
- units: degree_north
- long_name: latitude
- var_id: latitude
- names: latitude
- units: degree_east
- standard_name: longitude
- long_name: longitude
- var_id: longitude
- names: longitude
- standard_name: time
- var_id: time
- names: time