The ESA Climate Change Initiative Aerosol project has produced a number of global aerosol Essential Climate Variable (ECV) products from a set of European satellite instruments with different characteristics. This dataset comprises Level 3 daily, monthly and yearly gridded aerosol products from the AATSR instrument on the ENVISAT satellite. The data is an uncertainty-weighted ensemble of the outputs of three separate algorithms (the SU, ADV, and ORAC algorithms.) This product is version 2.6 of the ensemble product. Data is provided for the period 2002 to 2012. In the early period, it also contains data from the ATSR-2 instrument on the ERS-2 satellite. A separate ATSR-2 product covering the period 1995-2001 is also available, and together these form a continuous timeseries from 1995-2012.
For further details about these data products please see the documentation.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Public data: access to these data is available to both registered and non-registered users.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://licences.ceda.ac.uk/image/data_access_condition/esacci_aerosol_terms_and_conditions.pdf. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data were processed by the ESA CCI Aerosol project team and supplied to CEDA in the context of the ESA CCI Open Data Portal Project.
As provided by the CCI Aerosol project team
Data are in NetCDF format
- standard_name: atmosphere_optical_depth_due_to_ambient_aerosol
- var_id: Aerosol optical depth at 550 nm
- long_name: Aerosol optical depth at 550 nm
- names: Aerosol optical depth at 550 nm, atmosphere_optical_depth_due_to_ambient_aerosol
- long_name: Uncertainty Ensemble
- standard_name: uncertainty
- var_id: AOD550_UNCERTAINTY_ENSEMBLE
- units: #
- names: uncertainty, Uncertainty Ensemble
- long_name: number of measurements per gridcell
- standard_name: NMEAS
- var_id: NMEAS
- names: NMEAS, number of measurements per gridcell
- standard_name: latitude
- long_name: Latitude
- var_id: Latitude
- units: degrees_north
- names: latitude, Latitude
- units: degrees_east
- standard_name: longitude
- long_name: Longitude
- var_id: Longitude
- names: longitude, Longitude