The Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL) Cloud Radar was deployed at the Natural Environment Research Council's (NERC) Mesosphere-Stratosphere-Troposphere (MST) Radar Facility, Capel Dewi, near Aberystwyth in West Wales from April 2005 to June 2006. These data are restricted to registered users for these data only.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
Restricted data: please submit an application using the REQUEST ACCESS link for access.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://licences.ceda.ac.uk/image/data_access_condition/mst.pdf. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data are acquired by the MST radar facility and sent to the BADC within an hour of acquisition. Data are then immediately ingested into the BADC archives.
The MST radar data quality is described by D. A. Hooper, J. Nash, T. Oakley, and M. Turp. Validation of a new signal processing scheme for the MST radar at Aberystwyth. Ann. Geophys., 26(11):3253-3268, 2008. (available from here http://www.ann-geophys.net/26/3253/2008/angeo-26-3253-2008.html)
|MST radar facility instrument performance log|
|RAL 78GHz cloud radar||Deployed on: Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) Mesosphere-Stratosphere-Troposphere (MST) Radar Facility, Capel Dewi, UK|
- long_name: Base Of Lowest Cloud
- names: Base Of Lowest Cloud
- long_name: Cloud Cover
- names: Cloud Cover
- gcmd_name: Cloud Height
- long_name: Cloud Height
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0143
- names: Cloud Height, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0143
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/H333
- gcmd_name: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Clouds
- long_name: Clouds
- names: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/H333, EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Clouds
- long_name: Spectral Width
- names: Spectral Width