Data from the operational NWP (Numerical Weather Prediction) output from the Met Office Unified Model. These data are from both the Global and the North Atlantic European (NAE) part of the model. The NAE model runs on a grid centred around the UK. Analyses and intermediate forecast steps are stored to give an hourly time resolution for 6 hours following each analysis time-step. This archive only holds data to January 2012. A new NWP archive is being populated with data from January 2012.
Ancillary files exist for each standard Unified Model domain and are available for general use. Most of these files have been interpolated from raw data at 1 degree resolution, though those for orography and land-sea mask are from global 10 minute data or higher resolution data for certain parts on the world.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
These data have been removed (see lineage statement for details).
Data provided by the UK Met Office for archiving at the BADC. Following data transfer issues between the Met Office and the BADC, the Met Office NWP data updates were suspended on 18th January 2012. Archive was closed down.
2019-05-15 These data were removed for the following reason: Data has been removed as it is no longer in use.
operational NWP output from the Unified Model.
Data are pp formatted stored as binary files.
|Unified Model User Guide|
|Title||Met Office operational unified model (UM) deployed on Met Office supercomputer (Exeter)|
|Abstract||This computation involved: Met Office operational unified model (UM) deployed on Met Office supercomputer (Exeter).|
- long_name: Air Temperature
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0027
- gcmd_keyword: Air Temperature
- names: Air Temperature, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0027
- long_name: Humidity
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G239
- gcmd_keyword: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Water Vapor > Humidity
- names: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G239, EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Water Vapor > Humidity
- long_name: Latitudinal Component Of Gravity Wave Stress
- names: Latitudinal Component Of Gravity Wave Stress
- long_name: Meridional Component Of Gravity Wave Stress
- names: Meridional Component Of Gravity Wave Stress
- long_name: Potential Vorticity
- names: Potential Vorticity
- long_name: Relative Humidity
- names: Relative Humidity
- long_name: Surface Winds
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0853
- gcmd_keyword: Surface Winds
- names: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0853, Surface Winds
- long_name: Temperature
- names: Temperature
- long_name: U Zonal Windspeed
- names: U Zonal Windspeed
- long_name: Upper Level Winds
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0909
- gcmd_keyword: Upper Level Winds
- names: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0909, Upper Level Winds
- long_name: V Meridional Windspeed
- names: V Meridional Windspeed
- long_name: Vorticity
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G254
- gcmd_keyword: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Winds > Vorticity
- names: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Winds > Vorticity, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G254
- long_name: Wind Direction
- names: Wind Direction
- long_name: Wind Stress
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0966
- gcmd_keyword: Wind Stress
- names: Wind Stress, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0966
- long_name: Windspeed
- names: Windspeed