The SAM II instrument, aboard the Earth-orbiting Nimbus 7 spacecraft, was designed to measure solar irradiance attenuated by aerosol particles in the Arctic and Antarctic stratosphere.
This dataset collection contains 14 years of polar Arctic and Antarctic aerosol extinction profiles, atmospheric temperature and pressure data obtained from the Stratospheric Aerosol Instrument II (SAM II) on the NIMBUS 7 satellite.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
Public data: access to these data is available to both registered and non-registered users.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data obtained from the Stratospheric Aerosol Instrument II (SAM II) on the NIMBUS 7 satellite. Data collected and prepared by NASA and published on CD-ROM. BADC obtained a copy to make available in the BADC archives to assist users wishing to access these data.
Data obtained and prepared by NASA
Data are ASCII formatted
|BADC Doc: SAM 2 List of References|
|Stratospheric Aerosol Measurement II (SAM II)||Deployed on: NIMBUS 7 Satellite|
Mobile platform operations
|Mobile Platform Operation 1||Mobile Platform Operation for: NIMBUS 7 Satellite|
Computation Element: 1
|Title||Deployed on NIMBUS 7 Satellite|
|Abstract||Deployed on NIMBUS 7 Satellite.|
- long_name: Aerosol Extinction
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0017
- gcmd_keyword: Aerosol Extinction
- names: Aerosol Extinction, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0017
- long_name: Air Temperature
- gcmd_keyword: Air Temperature
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0027
- names: Air Temperature, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0027
- long_name: Extinction At 1 Micron
- names: Extinction At 1 Micron
- long_name: Temperature
- names: Temperature