Data from the Total Ozone Mapping Spectrometer (TOMS), which used backscattered ultraviolet radiance to infer total column ozone measurements (gridded daily for the entire globe). This 2 CD-ROM set contains the latest version (version 7) of reflectivity data from the TOMS (Total Ozone Mapping
Spectrometer) instrument onboard the Nimbus 7 spacecraft. Data covering the entire Nimbus 7 TOMS lifetime, November 1, 1978 through May 6, 1993, are given as daily files of gridded data, as
zonal means, and as monthly averages.
A similar CD-ROM set (OPT_004A and OPT_004B) containing TOMS total ozone values is also currently available. A CD-ROM of version 7 data from the Meteor 3 TOMS instrument (August 1991 -December 1994) will be produced soon.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Public data: access to these data is available to both registered and non-registered users.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data collected by NASA's Total Ozone Mapping Spectrometer (TOMS) and published on CD-ROM. A copy of the data were obtained by the BADC to assist in data access and to ensure long term preservation.
Data were prepared by NASA. Check documentation for further details
Data are ASCII formatted and images are GIF formatted
|NIMBUS-7 Total Ozone Mapping Spectrometer (TOMS)||Deployed on: NIMBUS 7 Satellite|
Mobile platform operations
|Mobile Platform Operation 1||Mobile Platform Operation for: NIMBUS 7 Satellite|
Computation Element: 1
|Title||DETAILS NEEDED - COMPUTATION CREATED FOR SATELLITE COMPOSITE. deployed on NIMBUS 7 Satellite|
|Abstract||This computation involved: DETAILS NEEDED - COMPUTATION CREATED FOR SATELLITE COMPOSITE. deployed on NIMBUS 7 Satellite. The NASA Nimbus 7 research-and-development polar-orbiting satellite served as a stabilized, earth-oriented platform for the testing of advanced systems for sensing and collecting data in the pollution, oceanographic and meteorological disciplines. It was launched on October 24, 1978.|
- long_name: Oxygen Compounds
- names: Oxygen Compounds
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G164
- gcmd_keyword: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Chemistry/Oxygen Compounds > Ozone
- long_name: Ozone
- names: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Chemistry/Oxygen Compounds > Ozone, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G164
- long_name: Total Ozone Column
- names: Total Ozone Column
- long_name: Ultraviolet Radiation
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0907
- gcmd_keyword: Ultraviolet Radiation
- names: Ultraviolet Radiation, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0907