The CAST dataset contains data produced by the NERC Co-ordinated Airborne Studies in the Tropics (CAST) project. CAST was a collaborative initiative with NASA's Airborne Tropical Tropopause Experiment (ATTREX) programme to study the Tropical Tropopause Layer (TTL) over the Pacific Ocean and South East Asia.
This dataset contains measurements of temperature, humidity, wind and ozone.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Access to these data is available to any registered CEDA user. Please Login or Register for an account to gain access.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data were collected by instrument scientists before preparation and delivery for archiving at the NCAS British Atmospheric Data Centre.
Data collected by flight participants before preparation for archival with the British Atmospheric Data Centre
Data are NASA Ames formatted
|University of Manchester: Electrochemical Cell (ECC) ozonesonde||Deployed on: Manus Island, Papua New Guinea|
|Vaisala RS92SGP Radiosonde||Deployed on: Manus Island, Papua New Guinea|
- units: gpm
- names: Geopotential height
- units: degrees
- names: Horizontal wind direction
- units: m/s
- names: Horizontal wind speed
- units: mPa
- names: Ozone partial pressure
- units: hPa
- names: Pressure at observation
- units: %
- names: Relative humidity
- gcmd_keyword: Surface Pressure
- long_name: Surface Pressure
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0850
- names: Surface Pressure, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0850
- units: C
- names: Temperature
- units: C
- names: Temperature inside styrofoam box