Level 1b consolidated, near-real time and reprocessed data from the Michelson Interferometer for Passive Atmospheric Sounding (MIPAS) instrument on the ENVISAT satellite operated by ESA. These data are Instrument Processor Facility (IPF) version 5 data. Original release is version 5.02 with bug fixes implemented in versions 5.05 and 5.06. Improvements with respect to the previous version 4.67 data include trunctation of the interferogram at 8 cm to avoid undersampling for the Optimised Resolution (OR) mission, improved engineering heights calculation, calculation of quadratic terms for spectral calibration included in output products, and addition of L0 house keeping data packets. Data are from 1st July 2002 to 8th April 2012.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
No related previous identifiers.
Restricted data: please submit an application using the REQUEST ACCESS link for access.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://licences.ceda.ac.uk/image/data_access_condition/mipas.pdf. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data acquired directly from ESA (European Space Agency) via File Transfer Protocol.
Data are binary formatted.
|MIPAS Level 1b data processing||Deployed on: ESA ENVISAT Processing Ground Station|
|Envisat - MIPAS (Michelson Interferometer for Passive Atmospheric Sounding (MIPAS) Instrument||Deployed on: ESA ENVISAT Processing Ground Station|
- long_name: Altitude
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/H318
- gcmd_keyword: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Altitude
- names: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Altitude, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/H318
- long_name: Radiance
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G951
- gcmd_keyword: EARTH SCIENCE > Oceans > Ocean Optics > Radiance
- names: EARTH SCIENCE > Oceans > Ocean Optics > Radiance, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G951