This dataset consists of data from the Earth Radiation Budget Experiment (ERBE) instrument on the 10th NOAA Sun-synchronous operational satellites (NOAA-10). NOAA-10 operated at an altitude of 833-km, with an equatorial crossing local time of 0730, having been launched in November 1986.
The ERBE instrument's main aim was to provide accurate measurements of incoming solar energy and shortwave and longwave radiation reflected or emitted from the Earth back into space.
This dataset contains colour images (shortwave/longwave/net radiation, albedo, clear-sky albedo, clear-sky shortwave/longwave/net radiation, and shortwave/longwave/net cloud forcing) from scanning radiometer on the NOAA-10 satellite.
Monthly average values are included for the time periods during which the scanners were operational.
This dataset is public, though NASA noted that this is intended for research purposes and the data has no commercial value.
No news update for this record
|Previously used record identifiers:||
Public data: access to these data is available to both registered and non-registered users.
Use of these data is covered by the following licence: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/. When using these data you must cite them correctly using the citation given on the CEDA Data Catalogue record.
Data collected by NASA using the Earth Radiation Budget Satellite (ERBS), processed and prepared by NASA. A copy of the data were then obtained by the BADC to be made available through the BADC archive.
Data collected and processed by NASA prior to publication.
Data are GIF formatted
Mobile platform operations
|Mobile Platform Operation 1||Mobile Platform Operation for: NOAA-10|
Computation Element: 1
|Title||DETAILS NEEDED - COMPUTATION CREATED FOR SATELLITE COMPOSITE. deployed on NOAA-10|
|Abstract||This computation involved: DETAILS NEEDED - COMPUTATION CREATED FOR SATELLITE COMPOSITE. deployed on NOAA-10.|
- gcmd_keyword: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Radiation > Albedo
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G199
- long_name: Albedo
- names: EARTH SCIENCE > Atmosphere > Atmospheric Radiation > Albedo, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P041/4/G199
- long_name: Incidence
- names: Incidence
- gcmd_keyword: Net Radiation
- long_name: Net Radiation
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0546
- names: Net Radiation, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0546
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0677
- gcmd_keyword: Radiative Flux
- long_name: Radiative Flux
- names: Radiative Flux, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0677
- gcmd_keyword: Shortwave Radiation
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0755
- long_name: Shortwave Radiation
- names: Shortwave Radiation, http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0755
- gcmd_keyword: Solar Irradiance
- long_name: Solar Irradiance
- gcmd_url: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0809
- names: http://vocab.ndg.nerc.ac.uk/term/P141/4/GVAR0809, Solar Irradiance